(I wrote this a couple of days ago on a sunny day, now that it is raining again it seems like a good day to post it as a reminder)
I know that I have posted a couple of recipes recently, but I realize that I haven’t given much of an update on life. So here it is, an update on the Pomeroy Life.
Life is going well for us. I can definitely feel the fresh breath of Spring filling up our lungs. As much as we both enjoy Winter and the beauty and purity of a snow blanketed world- there is no question that Spring still revivifies us. Take today for instance, after days on end of dull gray skies, misty rain blurred air, and shivers there is no way to keep myself from smiling on a day like this. The sun is shining, the air is crisp and clear, and there are little bulbs resurrecting themselves everywhere you look.
Winter has a way of confining us and squelching all of our New Year’s motivation. But then just in the nick of time, Spring shows up and recharges those dreams that are on their last percent of battery life.
Some dreams that Will and I are watching sprout:
- Our garden– literally. We have seedlings in the house that are growing so stinking fast! Will really loves having a vegetable garden, and I have been finding out since I moved here last June that I really kind of like it as well. =) We can’t wait to have too much fresh produce, and have to share the wealth with others.
- China– Most of you who actually read the things I write know that both Will and I have a heart for China and feel called by God to go back there. We started actively pursuing that over Christmas break by going to a conference called Urbana where there were representatives from hundreds of organizations. We have started conversations with some places and are trying to tune our ears more to God in this matter. Will should be graduating with his Masters in less than a year, so we know that there are changes afoot; we want to find the door that God is opening and run through it.
- Half-Marathon– I am going to run in another half-marathon in about 7 weeks. There are approximately 12,000 people who run in this race so I am a little nervous about it. I have been trying to train hard for it, but I have no partner AND apparently I moved to Seattle without realizing it when I moved here. I really dislike how much it rains here. I wasn’t prepared for it. I just want the sun, which is why today is such a good day.
Anyway I digressed. I am over half way there! I just up’ed my furthest distance this weekend to 9 miles! It wasn’t fast, but at least my legs were going for a long time like that. The most Izzy has run is 4.5, but she is ready to add a little more to it I think. And she is only 6 months old so I’m proud of her being able to run that far already! She is a great running buddy, and consequently she has some pretty dang muscular legs! Seriously, our pup is ripped. Also, I don’t know if it is possible for dogs to have a big butt, but Izzy does. Will tells me it is my doing with all the running, but she loves it! She is really smart and observant, so she knows when I am putting my running clothes on. When she sees the running clothes coming out she gets all excited! It’s adorable.
- Will and I have joined a ministry at our church called Serve the City. It is pretty great! We go out in the downtown neighborhood and just form relationships with people. It’s been great to be able to demonstrate God’s love and receive it in that way. Plus we are making friends with other members of our church, and I am sure, as my mom points out to me, that God will use this to prepare us for something He has in store down the road.
- Oh! I am part of a baking ministry too! Yeah they have those! So of course I couldn’t help myself. I am also trying to bake something every week. Either something new, or trying to perfect something I have made before but it still needed work.
The last, and maybe most exciting thing I have to say is that one of my very best friends Kayla Bryant is coming to visit me soon! She will be here a week from tomorrow morning! We have lots of great adventures planned. I even get to celebrate her birthday with her! I haven’t seen her since the wedding, and that barely counts so I really haven’t seen her since last May….. that is nearly a year! Which is FAR too long!
Not much else to tell. I think that all you members of the blogosphere and cyber world out to be pretty up to date on the Pomeroy life now. I can’t wait for all the promise of renewal and adventure that Spring is bringing with it.
Stay tuned for more updates, and may God bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you.