For this month of June I am writing a post a day, and I decided that certain days were going to be assigned to certain things. Friday is Happy Hour. On Fridays I am going to tell you about the things that make me happy. Doesn’t Friday seem like the most fitting day of the week to discuss the joys of life? The last day of the work week. The light at the end of the tunnel. Most importantly – Friday is the day that Will brings me home a drink from happy hour!
Will has brought me some kind of special drink (usually a raspberry-limeade) just about every Friday since I moved here approximately 51 weeks ago. I think he has missed about 3-5 Fridays. So 47 out of 51, I would say that’s some dedication. And you know what, it’s not commonplace. It still makes me feel cherished and important every week! This is why Friday in the Pomeroy house has been renamed “Flippin’ Fantastic Friday.”
Today you get some week highlights so that you can share in my joy, AND, fittingly you get a drink recipe.
I wonder what he will bring me today? My mouth is watering and my throat is tickling with thirst just thinking about it!
Anyway, I would like to take today to let you in on my joy. God gives us joy so that we can splash it out on other people.
- Our steals at Goodwill on Saturday morning were definitely a source of joy! We saved a bunch of money on some camping/hiking stuff! And on some professional attire.
- Church. Worship last Sunday just filled me with joy.
- Lemon-Lime Pie! That pie wouldn’t have worked out if Super Hubster hadn’t come to the rescue and put me and my pie back together.
- Easily making 1 oven baked chicken feed us all week! That makes me feel accomplished!
- Knowing that I helped Summit win a job by putting together the proposal and PowerPoint for the potential client.
Now, here is what you have all really been waiting for:
Homemade Coffee Frappuccino
I have to give the credit for inspiring this to my sister-in-law Blair, who ironically also just wrote a blog about coffee. Last night when we were confirming our jogging plans she mentioned that she was making iced coffee for herself for the morning. Well, she inspired me to try to make a frappuccino to refresh me after our jog and supply my morning caffeine fix.
If you make this frappuccino the way that I did then it should only have 50-60 calories. As compared to Starbucks who has 110 for its light coffee frappuccino.
- ¾ cup of Strong Coffee
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 packet of Splenda (or sweetener of choice)
- Make some coffee and mix it with the milk and sweetener. I usually drink coffee straight up black, so I didn’t want that much milk or sweetener. You could adjust it to whatever you wanted. But I have to say that the way I made it was pretty dead on to the pricy one you get at Starbucks.
- Put it in a cup or a container and freeze it.
- Place in blender and blend till desired consistency. I had to let mine sit out and thaw a little so it would be soft enough for our blender to handle it.
Blair also makes homemade vanilla creamer because she is talented in the kitchen and REALLY good and being thrifty! I think that I am going to have to make her creamer and use it in this recipe instead of some of the milk to give it a vanilla flavor.