As of yesterday I have been working at Summit Engineering for a whole year! That’s one year of having a big kid job! So to celebrate Will took me out for snow cones =). We got a little kid’s treat to celebrate my big kid job. So in case you were curious, you can qualify for a 401K and eat snow cones, in fact I think it is the responsible, adult thing to do.
It was an even sweeter celebration because Will still did it even though it made us a little late for Serve the City. I think that is the first time Will and I have ever been late to something. He is never late. In fact, he’s rarely even on time; he usually arrives everywhere about 10 minutes early. His favorite quote is one we heard in church a couple weeks ago:
“The problem with being prompt is that no one is there to appreciate it.”
Today, I want to share with you a new family staple. Will’s little sister Carrieli is addicted to these, and has got Will hooked on them now too. Cookie in a mug.
If you’re busy, you live in a dorm, don’t have the time or equipment to bake a batch of cookies, always burn your cookies, or like me can’t stop yourself from binge eating cookies when you make a whole batch – then this is the recipe for you my friend. It makes just enough, and once you know the recipe it will only take you about two and a half minutes to have gooey, warm, delicious, homemade dessert!
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 1 TBSP Brown Sugar, packed
- 3 drops Vanilla
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 3 TBSP flour
- 2 TBSP Chocolate Chips (or as many as you want)
- A mug
- A fork
- In a microwaveable mug, melt your butter. About 10-20 seconds should be plenty. It just needs to be melted not boiling.
- Add sugars and vanilla to the butter in the mug and mix thoroughly. Be careful when you are adding the vanilla, you really don’t want too much.
- Add the egg yolk and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Microwave 45-60 seconds depending on how cooked you want your cookie to be.
- It will be SUPER hot so let it cool for a couple minutes before diving in.
Also last night, I made myself a brownie in a mug, but that needs some tweaking before it is ready to be shared. What I mean is that I said something to Will last night that I don’t think I have ever said before in my life- the brownie was too chocolatey! I never thought that was possible. If I had stopped half way through I would have been fine, but all of it was too much chocolate. Something else for you to look forward to!
Tonight is Manly Date Night! And I am super excited for it! I will let you know how it goes tomorrow =)
I perfected the Brownie in a Mug! If you like this cookie in a mug then check out the brownie in a mug!