Here we have what I would call a win win in the dinner world. Also, it was tasty; so it looks like you have hit the trifecta jackpot today!
This chicken was very simple and very quick to make. You can throw all the ingredients together in about 5 minutes. Then you forget about it and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours, or for a whole day like I did, lol. When you are ready to cook, that also takes very little time.
- 3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts sliced to tender size (OR enough chicken tenders to equal 3 breasts)
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 6 tbsp Hot Sauce (we use Franks)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- spinach or lettuce
- fresh chopped up onions and peppers
- some ranch, blue cheese, guacamole, or sour cream
- really whatever you want for your wrap!
- Mix together everything for the marinade in a bowl and then add the chicken.
- Cover, place in the refrigerator, and let it sit for a couple of hours, or overnight if you please.
- When you are ready to cook it, get your skillet hot. You want to sear the chicken first to keep it juicy and flavorful!
- Sear both sides of the chicken. When it has that nice seared color on both sides add a few tbsp of water or some of the leftover marinade to the pan. I used to do this to chicken in college, it makes the chicken SUPER colorful on the outside, rather than just a bland white. So another plus to this dish is that it presents well because of the colorful outside of the chicken!
- Flip your chicken pieces over a couple of more times to make sure it is cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and serve. When we had ours we shredded the chicken to make it last longer, but if you prefer the whole pieces of chicken in your wraps go for it!
- Put it in a tortilla with your favorite toppings or use it to make an awesome chicken salad!