These are a very good summer time dessert! These and Berry Cobbler and of course ice cream compliment a sunny summer day perfectly.
Last summer my Aunt and Uncle stopped through Lexington and visited with Will and I. When they heard about how we were up to our ears in zucchini my Aunt told me she was going to hunt down this delicious gluten free recipe of my cousin’s. Well she did, and while last year’s zucchini pandemonium hasn’t repeated itself yet, I hope to make these again with some of the reasonably sized zucchini that we do have.
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 1 1/2 cup of grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup of raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix everything together.
- Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- These are best served a little warm so that the chocolate chips are nice and melty!