Remember the Spicy Lemon Chicken Wraps I wrote about? Since they were so good, we made them again! And this time I made Zucchini-Corn Salsa and Avocado dressing to top them with. And man was it scrumptious! The flavors went together really well. Ok so Will didn’t use the dressing because he doesn’t like condiments and has major issues with the appearance of anything made from avocados. BUT I loved it, and I think you will too!
The Zucchini-Corn Salsa is one of our favorite ways to use up zucchini. It’s a really versatile side. You can use it to top things (like the wraps), you can eat it by itself as a veggie side dish, or you can mix it with rice as a side or a meal. You will notice that there are no measurements… well this is all to your tastes. How pepper do you want it? how much do you like cilantro? Do you like spicy? Are you in the mood for more zucchini or more corn?
- zucchini, diced
- corn (fresh or frozen (not canned)
- red onion, diced (**It’s just white onion in the pictures because that’s all I had on hand this time around)
- cayenne pepper
- oil for sauteing
- Chop all of your veggies.
- Heat your oil in a large skillet some. I like to use olive oil for this dish.
- Toss in all the veggies and shake on your seasoning.
- Saute until the onions are cooked and zucchini is started to get some dark, seared spots.
- Serve as a salsa, a side dish, or a stir fry.
Cilantro Lime Avocado Dressing
I wanted something that would taste like guacamole but wasn’t as thick to top these with. I did make this pretty thick though so I could still use it as guacamole. For the recipe below I said to use more milk than what I did so it would be more liquid like salad dressing.
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Cilantro
- 3/4 – 1 cup Milk
- Juice of a small lime
- 1 large clove Garlic
- Pepper to taste
- Put everything in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Ta Da!!!!
For your entertainment- here is Will finally trying something made from avocado! I have pestered him enough that he finally gave in. He is very adamant about the fact that it looks like baby poop, so even if it tasted like a vanilla milkshake, I don’t think that he would like it. Lol.