I have been terrible about blogging this week, I do apologize for that. But I wanted to make sure to get the menu post up in time for weekend grocery shoppers. This is what Will and I were eating last week. Some of it we liked, and some of it wasn’t our favorite. You might like it a lot though so I am including all of it.
I don’t have posts for some of the recipes yet as I tweaked them from their original form, but I will be posting recipes throughout the week next week. So look forward to those!
- The Butternut Squash & Spinach Pasta was ok. I always think that I am going to love it, but I have only had one butternut squash thing that I ate and thought to myself “definitely want to make this again!” And that was this week when I took some extra oven roasted squash, coated it in an almond butter, honey, and cinnamon mixture, and baked it some more. That was tasty!
- For the Asian Cabbage salad – I go off of this recipe for the dressing and just put whatever green (and red) stuff I have handy in the salad.
- I used some bread leftover from the previous week to make Will croutons for his salads for lunch. I based them off of this recipe. He really liked them because they were still a little soft, and sort of melt in your mouth versus breaking your teeth.
- For the pizza crust, we tried out a quinoa version. It was a thin crust. it was crisp, but not crunchy. AND it wasn’t really greasy. Some gluten free crusts are so oily they seem deep fried.
- If you want to make the Banana Cornbread (it’s actually a breakfasty cake) or the apple cider doughnuts – I will be posting those recipes next week so be sure to come back! But in the mean time stock you pantry with some Sorghum Flour, Oat Flour, Potato Starch, Xanthum Gum, Bananas, Apple Cider, Corn Meal, and Apple Cider Vinegar.
Come back tomorrow with an awesome story from your week and join me for Happy Hour Friday.
Saturday I will be posting about my training progress for the Derby Marathon, and next week there are some yummy recipes coming your way!